venerdì 11 luglio 2008

CAN ADVERTISING RESURRECT A MAN?

Yes. This is the case of Bob Monkhouse, who died from prostate cancer.

Now, thanks to computer wizardry, he can be seen in an ad for Prostate Cancer Research's Give A Few Bob campaign. The commercial was awarded of a Gold last week in London at Midsummer Awards for Best Post Production.



The ad-makers took archive footage of Monkhouse and blended it with shots of a body double taken in a graveyard in Surrey.
The script is spoken by a soundalike and begins with Monkhouse saying: "Just when you thought it was safe to turn on your TV again, here I am. Gosh, four years already, doesn't time fly."

He goes on to tell one of his favourite gags: "I wanted to die like my father, quietly, in his sleep - not screaming and terrified like his passengers."
And he says: "What killed me kills one man per hour in Britain. That's even more than my wife's cooking. Let's face it, as a comedian, I died many deaths. Prostate cancer, I don't recommend."

Monkhouse's widow Jackie, 70, told The Sun: "When I was approached about the Give A Few Bob campaign I felt it would be a great honour for my husband.
The ad-makers took archive footage of Monkhouse and blended it with shots of a body double taken in a graveyard in Surrey

"Bob would love this ad. It's funny but has a serious message about the threat of prostate cancer. "They've done a fabulous job bringing my Bob back - although there's a bulge in the lapel of his jacket he wouldn't have stood for. I have the original upstairs and it fitted him like a glove."

The campaign aims to raise donations for research into the disease.

http://giveafewbob.org/

Nessun commento: